New York, NY
Finn Partners is currently seeking an Assistant Account Executive for its Travel & Lifestyle practice located in New York. This person will focus their time on a diverse range of accounts in the hospitality industry. This role is media relations, client relations, and writing heavy and requires someone who is a quick learner, executes tasks quickly, can multi-task, is detail oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
At Finn Partners, an Assistant Account Executive assists in researching and analyzing issues relevant to the client and assists in managing the day-to-day account activities and administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and program elements
• Develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development
• Handle standard media requests
• Research and monitor client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base
• Assist in research and preparation for new business pitches
• Coordinate production and distribution of material with internal service departments to create print and video products
• Organize and implement events and promotions for the client
• Represent client at events or trade shows
• Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
• Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client's message
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
• A bachelor's degree
• PR agency experience, internships OK
• Travel/tourism and hotel client interest and experience a plus
• Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong communications skills both oral and written (including editing skills)
• Experience using all Microsoft Office products
About Finn Partners:
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading public relations agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners is ranked as one of the top ten, and also as one of the fastest growing, independent PR firms in the US. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of public relations services, including digital and social media. The firm's specialty areas include technology, consumer, travel and lifestyle, education, CSR/Social Impact, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs. Finn Partners was named ''Best New Agency'' in 2012 and ''Best Agency to Work For'' in 2013 by the industry's Holmes Report. Headquartered in New York City, the company has approximately 450 employees, with regional offices in Chicago, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Jerusalem, London, Los Angeles, Munich, Nashville, Paris, San Francisco and Washington DC, and has Asian and additional international capabilities through PROI. Find us at www.finnpartners.com and follow us on Twitter @finnpartners.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, we will only respond to those with whom we have a greater interest.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.