London, United Kingdom
Moorgate Communications, a Finn Partners company, is a full-service communications agency working for sophisticated financial institutions such as corporate and investment banks, fintechs, credit rating agencies, analytics providers, financial market lobbyists and insurance brokers. Combining intelligence-led news generation and thought-leadership campaigns, Moorgate focuses on communicating its clients' expertise using a range of content generation and media penetration strategies (as well as events and digital media). It also acts as a trusted collaborative partner with a deep understanding of client sensitivities.
We have an excellent reputation for taking bright young graduates or second-jobbers and turning them into fantastic writers and PR executives. We are looking for media-savvy graduates that want to learn how to write great content, and to also learn how to become strong PR executives.
This person will support colleagues in servicing a range of clients, delivering high-quality media results that meet or exceed client goals. The AE may be involved in devising creative strategies that utilise traditional and digital/social media, helping develop client content, including media materials, online content, media pitches, bylines and Q&As and participating in media outreach. You'll get bags of responsibility from day-one, plus lots of on-the-job training and a good variety of tasks. There are also excellent prospects for promotion via a goal-oriented career guidance programme.
• Support Account Managers in producing high-quality written content that helps communicate clients' expertise.
• Pitch press releases, news stories and thought leadership opportunities to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online.
• Build relationships with journalists to secure high-profile coverage for clients.
• Seeking out media and awards opportunities for clients.
• Attend events and produce post-event content/write-ups.
• Social media production and management.
• Contribute to creation of communications strategies and tactics that meet client objectives.
• Ensure client and media deliverables are high-quality and error-free.
• Contribute to raising Moorgate's profile.
• Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Finn Partners network.
• Be a team player in a growing team.
The ideal candidate:
• A bachelor's degree (2:1 minimum).
• A strong writer with the ability to turn technical information into engaging content.
• Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong communication skills both oral and written (including editing skills).
• Media savvy individual who keeps informed on financial services topics and issues in the media.
• Team player who can lead as well as jump in at all levels when needed.
• Enjoys a fun, collaborative and fast-paced environment and is looking for a place to both grow and thrive.
About Finn Partners
Named as a Best Place to Work 2020 by PR Week, 700+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. With 20 offices across eight countries around the world, our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the consumer, technology, travel & leisure, financial services, healthcare, education and manufacturing sectors. The firm offers a full-service approach including integrated public relations, content creation, social, digital marketing and research services. Founded in New York in 2011 by Peter Finn with an innovative new model in which entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and partnership drive client success and sustainable agency growth, the firm delivers world-class client service, coupled with best-in-class employment practices, to produce award-winning work and a rewarding culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yyn1-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.