Polskin Arts & Communications Counselors (Polskin Arts), a division of Finn Partners, is the oldest and largest firm specializing in cultural communications. Founded almost 70 years ago, Polskin Arts works with cultural institutions and with corporations that support the arts.
We are looking for a bright, outgoing, organized and detail-oriented individual to work in our fast-paced, demanding environment. This position will encompass the role of an assistant account executive, working with a number of client teams towards public relations objectives, and an executive assistant, responsible for maintaining the calendars of and assisting two senior managers. While the position will ultimately be based in New York City, applicants must be able and willing to work remotely.
The role requires the ability to quickly adapt, prioritize and take direction from several people. The applicant must be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently, take initiative and problem solve. The role will also require the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships while working remotely. Candidates must also have extensive computer skills (fluency in Outlook and Excel is a must) and proofreading skills, exemplary phone/email etiquette, and experience working in a team environment.
Interest in public relations and art or art history related experience/knowledge preferred. Room for growth within the department.
• Assist two senior level executives
• Manage executives' calendars
• Coordinate with external offices and internal team
• Update/organize executives' contacts
• Book travel arrangements
• Support multiple account teams in media relations/public relations initiatives
• Update and create mailing and press lists
• Track and clip press coverage
• Keep track of account tasks/objectives and manage to do lists
• Draft and copy edit/proofread written materials
• Prepare agendas and media updates for weekly client calls
• Develop, edit and distribute press materials and pitches
• Assist with some media pitching
• Generate coverage reports and event recaps
• Assist in planning special events such as press conferences and press trips
• Support overall office needs, including conducting research; ordering supplies, coordinating press mailings, messenger, and shipping needs, etc.
• Bachelor's Degree (preferred areas of study include communication, journalism, or art history)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, and prioritize
• Strong writing and proofreading skills
• Outstanding internet/ research skills
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced understanding of Excel and Outlook
• Knowledge of NetSuite and Box (or compatible cloud filing systems) a plus
• Knowledge of CisionPoint a plus
• Basic understanding of social media tools + channels
• Interest and basic knowledge of arts publications a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3v31n-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.