Administrative Assistant / Office Assistant
Be part of building one of the most dynamic and fastest growing integrated public relations and marketing firms in the world – Finn Partners! We offer a unique opportunity: the chance to contribute your passion, energy, and talents in an entrepreneurial environment while collaborating, learning and growing your career with an amazing global team of more than 800 colleagues in 20 offices around the world.
We are looking for an Administrative / Office Assistant to join our Midwest team in Chicago. This person will help maximize the productivity and efficiency of our top-level executive, and assist with office needs. The ideal candidate is proactive, positive, organized, and detail oriented. S/he loves working in a fast-paced public relations agency work environment and managing multiple projects. It is important that the person in this role fits with our ''Work Hard/Play Nice culture'' - that means supporting a drama-free environment and being a great partner to colleagues, clients and partners - and being a respectful, collaborative, self-starting, initiative-seeker who loves problem solving.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based within our Chicago office. **
• Support the productivity and efficiency of a senior executive:
• Organize and schedule meetings
• Maintain calendars and contact lists
• Creation and editing of documents, presentations and reports
• Coordinate travel and accommodations (when needed)
• Track and submit expense reports
• File and enter data into office management system
• Liaise with executives and senior administrative assistants to handle requests and queries from senior executives
• Assist with research and basic new business needs
• Support the office in being a best place to work, including helping ensure the smooth and seamless operations of the office, supplies, our fuel bar, new hire preparation, culture development and events
• 5 years of related work experience as Office Assistant or Administrative Assistant supporting executive level staff (PR agency and/or marketing communications experience, or other fast paced environment is a plus)
• Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
• Exceptional knowledge of Google Docs (slides, sheets, docs) and Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Outstanding critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and strong work ethic
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.