Marketing Manager, Advanced Digital
Beverly Hills, CA
As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team provides the highest level of ''sales intelligence'' while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the Analyst, One Digital Video Inventory, will be primarily responsible for the processing of inventory-related requests for the expanding portfolio of ad products across our premium NBC Universal Digital properties & partners such as the YouTube, Vox, Apple News and Snapchat. The analyst will determine inventory levels and usage patterns, and coordinate with the National Sales Planning team in discussing allocation within a fast-paced environment.
Core responsibilities include:
• Forecasting and allocating Video and Display advertising inventory The Fandango Network (Rotten Tomatoes, Fandango and Flixster) and the NBCU Digital Portfolio across all platforms.
• Collaborate with National Sales Planners with on-request inventory avails, and final sign off on media plans, with emphasis on Up Front Studios business buys, including scatter and non-endemic deals.
• Review & approve insertion orders and modifications through order management system and effectively communicate any discrepancies with Planning team.
• Execute requests for our growing, data-focused/audience-driven aspect of the business (AdSmart), including Programmatic and Addressable.
• Focus on understanding technology, data and reporting tools/analytics needed for day-to-day.
• Responsible for keeping current processes documented and accurate.
• Liaise with numerous Internal departments such as: Planning, Sales, Operations, Distribution, Sales Solutions, Research and Marketing.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Assist Sales management with reporting needs including proactive inventory reporting, site pacing against forecast, sales management reporting, risk reporting, and any ad hoc reporting requests, as needed.
• Maintain forecasting and reporting tools to allow Sales & Planning to provide superior customer service.
• Work with Ops and Planning to optimize yield & provide input and solutions to address campaigns at risk.
• Along with team and Manager of Inventory, analyze and understand inventory levers and patterns to refine Excel-based methodologies for forecasting all types of ad inventory.
• QA and maintain inventory tools and systems.
* Four year degree (B.A,B.S) from an accredited college of university or relevant experience
*A minimum of 1year online media experience is required. Ad Operations / Inventory Management background strongly desired.
*Proficiency with MS Excel (including pivot tables – role is Excel heavy)
*Strong work ethic
*Extensive problem-solving skills; strong analytical approach and mindset
*Ability to learn quickly and work independently
*Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and tight deadlines
*Detail-oriented and organized
*Self-motivated and resourceful
*Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels in the organization, both written and verbally
*Attraction & quick adaptation to ever-changing digital landscape
*Strong knowledge of the digital media business, display and video advertising
* Fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, page views, visits, referrers, viewability, demo comps, etc.
*Knowledge of Operative.One or similar Order Mgmt. System
*Knowledge of Freewheel, Google Ad Manager (GAM), XANDR, or Nielsen DAR/comScore VCE
*Passion for the digital business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nz26-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.