DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
The Technical Director must be proficient in preparing and switching video elements during live and pre-recorded productions in control room environments. Work is done while ensuring all content meets ESPN's high standards of quality and will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of studio shows and events.
• Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas
• Builds and maintains effects for various productions, providing associated communication and documentation to the entire Technical Directing team
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing
• Measures video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations.
• Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary
• May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
• File reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status, and personal development at the request of management.
• Participate in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives
• Minimum of 2 years practical Content Production or related experience at the regional to large market or network level.
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives including the ability to work nights and weekends.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeks out information in regard to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Demonstrable Knowledge of Broadcast Communications Equipment
• Understanding of Remote Event Workflows and Terminology
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners
• Regional – National Level Live Event Experience
• Demonstrable Grass Valley Switcher and Automation Experience
• Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism or related field
• Vocational School Certification
• Related Experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33k55-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.