Digital Video/ Social Associate - Livestreams
ESPN Creative Studio is responsible for the creative content of ESPN, encompassing concepting, design, production, music and edit. Through world-class design, animation and playout, we strive to make sports graphics fun, informative, and visually compelling. We use our imaginations to innovate and tell extraordinary stories. The Graphics Innovation & Production Design is seeking a Supervisor for the Graphics Innovation division.
The Supervisor, Animation, Graphics Innovation & Production Design will oversee a team of designers who create real-time graphics and other enhanced innovative graphic content. They work with staff, management peers, vendors and clients to provide exceptional, functional content for all ESPN platforms. This position requires exceptional communication, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and personnel concurrently.
• Oversee daily operation of personnel, projects and workflow and provide administrative support and enforcement of all departmental and company policies and initiatives.
• Collaborate with management teams to prioritize and staff projects while monitoring the workload.
• Provide technical support and guidance to department staff, clients and vendors.
• Interface with partners to ensure the efficient provision of facilities, software and personnel to achieve desired executions.
• Recommend and institute efficiency methods for improving the overall work flow and productivity of the department.
• Has knowledge of multiple platforms and graphics software including but not exclusive to Adobe Creative suite, Viz-RT, Trio, Ross Xpression and Unreal Engine, with expertise in real-time graphic development and playout.
• Lead, mentor, evaluate and develop direct reports as strong leaders, good communicators, and reliable resources for an increasing variety of creative and technically challenging projects.
• Collaborate with managers to evaluate entire staff through observation and regular feedback, pinpointing areas of potential individual skills development, implementing training programs and maintaining awareness of industry standards and next gen technology.
• Assist managers in determining merit raises, bonus distributions, hiring and promotions as well as authoring supporting materials for these decisions.
• This position may necessitate working unusual hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments, training or production needs necessitate. Offsite travel for production or training may be required.
• Strong computer and graphics background with advanced troubleshooting skills.
• Team player with good coaching skills, an open mind, and collaborative approach to people and project management.
• Ability to handle pressure, guide staff members under tight & ever-changing deadlines, and possess a take charge attitude to resolve on-the-spot problems with production, personnel, equipment & software.
• Must be highly motivated, self-organized and detail oriented while understanding production's needs and programming deadlines.
• Online portfolio or provided demo reel showcasing your work/achievements (creativity, design and type layout skills).
• Understand capabilities of design/animation software programs such as VizRT, Xpression, Photoshop, Illustrator, Unreal Engine, After Effects, Premiere, Maya, and Cinema4D.
• Preferred candidates will have prior supervisory experience or demonstrated instances of prior leadership roles.
• Five or more years of on-air graphics, design/animation experience in a major market or at the network level.
• Sports interest and knowledge of ESPN family of networks.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Multi-Media, Digital Design, Graphic Design, Animation, Communications, Computer Sciences or related major preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11j5y-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.