Customer Solutions Engineering is seeking a Solutions Engineer II - Enterprise Products team member with a passion for building and supporting world-class products and a relentless focus on shaping a stellar experience for users across multiple enterprise level platforms. We are an energetic group tasked with delivering platforms that power sites, apps, and services in the digital space.
The Solutions Engineer II requires service leadership to follow defined plans, execution and monitoring of all service support activities, in partnership with our internal stakeholders and external technology vendors. This role is the primary liaison between business users and technical personnel, ensuring timely resolution of issues and escalation of critical business problems. They are also the subject matter expert (SME) for related business processes and are accountable for identifying and mitigating risks to the service delivery and proactively addressing issues before they impact service levels. The Solutions Engineer ensures the continual operational health of the applications by responding to technical support issues, driving continual service improvement and collaborating with other support and development teams to deliver on the Enterprise Products mission.
• Own communication to product end users, including feature release notes, project-specific updates, and other general announcements
• Support for basic customer issues such as solving usage problems and fulfilling service desk requests that need IT involvement. If no solution is available, would escalate incidents to core engineering or vendor team
• Monitor service performance and recommend areas of focus for continuous improvement initiatives
• Perform onboarding of new users and also conduct targeted trainings for new features
• Be a platform expert that can perform gap analysis on customer requests, documenting and sending requirements to Product and Engineering for system improvements
• Translate highly complex business and technical concepts into digestible information that can be presented to a variety of levels
• Minimum of 2 years of previous and relevant experience working on Enterprise Platforms, including but not limited to, Content, Asset, and Metadata Management, Content Ingestion and Distribution, and Video Pipelines
• Demonstrated understanding of project management methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban) and practical experience working in cross-functional feature development and/or support engineering teams
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a bent towards customer service, and an ability to navigate both internal and external stakeholders
• Basic understanding of data modeling, specifically ability to define and build schemas for content objects
• An experienced writer, whose style can range from operational guides to formal announcements to engaging updates.
• Energetic self-starter with a logical approach to problem solving and a technical aptitude.
• Be conversant in modern technical concepts and engineering practices in order to participate in detailed story discussions or feature scoping.
• Knowledge of application monitoring and performance management tools such as HP Openview, Nagios, Catchpoint, Datadog, New Relic, App Dynamics, etc.
• Enthusiastic about helping people, solving problems, and championing products.
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb12ox-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.