Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Social Media Specialist II who will discover, develop, and distribute engaging content that will thrive on ESPN-branded social media accounts across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook. This position will require live social programming and support of multiple ESPN accounts with a focus on ESPN MMA.
Open to CT or California locations.
• Surface and curate engaging social content for Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, and Facebook
• Write, edit and enhance social copy to ensure that writing style is consistent with account voice and editorial policies
• Manage content planning and reporting around combat sports events
• Generate new ideas for social media posts and execute against them from start to finish, including occasional video and photo editing
• Collaborate with a few internal partners to make social content compelling and comprehensive
• Work in a variety of platform-specific content management and social analytics systems
• Analyze performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
• Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures
• Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
• 2+ years' experience in social media or a closely related field
• 1+ years' experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
• 1+ years' experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• Elite knowledge of the combat sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing skills
• Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Appreciation for and understanding of internet pop culture
• Familiarity with ESPN's content across multiple platforms
• 2+ years' experience using video or photo editing software (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop)
• Commanding knowledge of emerging social media trends
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1bok-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.