A Designer I, Social Content role has the blended responsibility of bringing proactive content ideas to the table and collaborating with off-platform specialists on their vision for content that will thrive on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, and other off-platform brand extensions. This position requires an ability to work on multiple projects at once and work efficiently in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment with a flexible work schedule and an unquenchable thirst for learning.
• Creates assets across off-platform destinations that are uniquely optimized to fit each mobile audience and align with ESPN social brand identities
• Works in a fast-paced environment that requires quick-turning numerous pieces of content in a day
• Demonstrates an ability to balance multiple projects and the flexibility to pivot from a plan to react to breaking news or viral moments
• Collaborates alongside social media specialists and help them execute their visions
• Actively pitches ideas in weekly brainstorms and daily content meetings
• Educates social media specialists to advance their understanding of basic design principles in order to maintain the ESPN visual brand and create content that is optimized for mobile consumption
• Communicates with managers and producers to regularly update project timelines and report on progress
• Remains flexible in accordance with sports industry which includes nights, weekends and holidays
• A minimum of 1 years' experience creating graphics for mobile and/or social media
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop)
• Basic knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
• Demonstrated communication and organization skills
• Proficient in video editing software (Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro) and After Effects
• Understanding of social media and other emerging platforms
• Understanding of and appreciation for audience analytics
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ropvq3-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.