Quality Management Associate
Senior Software Engineer, Real Time (Project Hire)
The Senior Software Engineer, Real-time works with Real-time Developers within DMED Media Technology to build tooling, software, and applications using game engine technologies for virtual production and broadcast, consumer customization and immersive content, and linear storytelling. The Senior Software Engineer, Real-time is responsible for engineering support of in-engine content creation by resolving issues and creating solutions using Python, C++, and various other coding languages. This role requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and self-starting abilities to support expedient pipelines and workflows with production and broadcast demands. Additional responsibilities include reviewing code created by other engineers and developers on the team, participating in technical specification scoping, working with developers to define product milestones and requirements, and developing real-time prototypes, pilots and products. The Senior Software Engineer, Real-time, in partnership with program leadership, is responsible for the creation, upkeep, and maintenance of pipelines and tooling for ''version one'' products, whether interactive or linear, and provides leadership and guidance for content partners in matters of real-time workflows.
This role assists in the supervision of external technology partners to ensure that tools made for real-time workflows achieve a technical level of quality for each project and pipeline through quality assurance testing and code reviews. The Senior Software Engineer, Real-time is considered a specialized subject-matter experts on real-time technology programming and provides guidance and support to partner production teams in all matters relating to real-time engines, their tools, and various workflows used. This role's ideal candidate also has a background in interactive content, games, or virtual production.
• Develop and code real-time pipelines, applications, and tools that support live-action vfx virtual production, linear storytelling, and interactive/immersive projects across TWDC.
• Engineer specific features in-engine, as driven by developer requirements and needs for each project.
• Problem-solve complex technical issues in-engine to enable TWDC partners to develop real-time content.
• Support the development of real-time media generation workflows and projects that enable personalization, customization, and new formats for TWDC's direct-to-consumer platforms through interactive logic and software engineering.
• Work with other Software Engineers to architect and design real-time software tooling and pipelines for various use-cases.
• Work with Key Stakeholders to understand current production workflows, establish technical milestones, and evaluate how to leverage real-time technology to modernize content creation and create documentation and training to assist in familiarizing internal partners with real-time workflows.
• Supervise the work of various technology and content vendors as they develop tooling, assets, and animation to support real-time pipelines and workflows.
• All other duties as assigned by Leadership
• Minimum of 4 years' experience with real-time engines, as a programmer or engineer.
• In-depth knowledge of C++ and Python coding languages.
• In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 source code.
• Working knowledge of Unreal Build tool and Unreal Automation tool.
• Experience extending Unreal Editor interface using Slate UI Framework.
• Experience creating Blueprint-accessible C++ code.
• Experience using Blueprints and Visual Scripting in Unreal Engine.
• Experience working with Perforce version control system in a production environment.
• Experience with virtual reality, augmented reality, virtual production, or game productions.
• Understanding of reflection system (UHT) in Unreal Engine 4.
• Understanding of standard DCC packages and workflows, such as Maya, Substance Painter, or Houdini.
• Passion regarding evolving and changing technologies.
• Deep understanding of performance optimization for multiple platforms.
• Experience with motion & performance capture.
• Experience with pixel streaming via cloud rendering platforms.
• Experience with Unity project development.
• Demonstrated commitment to transformational technology innovation.
• Experience developing pipeline tools for Perforce version control systems in a production environment.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, or equivalent experience.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb19wy-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.