Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking a Senior Social Media Specialist to discover, develop, and distribute content for ESPN's branded social media. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience writing social copy under pressure and creating both videos and photos that are optimized for social environments. A Senior Social Media Specialist will also be responsible for composing comprehensive plans and reports in support and collaboration across multiple teams to lead successful projects from start to finish.
There are multiple positions to this posting.
Position location may vary (CT/CA/NY)
• Create content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
• Create and approve content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for vertical social platforms, specifically Snapchat (SC Now, College GameDay, MMA Show on Snapchat) and ESPN App Stories (vertical social content in the ESPN App) and Instagram/Facebook Stories
• Collaborate with multiple internal partners to make social content compelling and comprehensive
• Occasionally assign work to select peers and designers
• Edit and approve social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in all the latest social media trends and best practices
• Analyze performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
• Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts will be regular and required in this position
• At least 3 years' experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation responsibilities or 5 years' relevant experience
• 2+ years' experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
• 2+ years' experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
• Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
• Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
• Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
• Strong understanding of journalistic standards
• Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical workday
• Ability to analyze and apply data to decision-making
• Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's social media followers
• Previous brand voice and account launch management
• Experience supporting a DTC business
• Experience using motion graphics or visual effects software (e.g. After Effects)
• Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbovmy-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.