Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day! We're looking for a talented designer or motion graphics specialist to help us bring creative sports content to life across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat and ESPN App Stories. Each day you'll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, journalistic instincts, and design skills to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans.
A Senior Designer, Social Content will be expected to create multiple high-end creative elements that span a variety of accounts and platforms in any given week. Ideal candidates should have experience managing other creatives and an ability to utilize audience data to inform how ESPN evolves its design. A Senior Designer will be expected to interpret ESPN stories in a manner that is authentic to phone-first platforms and represent the off-platform content team in group meetings with internal stakeholders.
• Create assets across off-platform destinations that are uniquely optimized to fit each audience and align with ESPN social brand identities
• Produce innovative content that is distinct to ESPN social accounts
• Work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick-turning numerous pieces of content in a day
• Demonstrate an ability to balance multiple projects and the flexibility to pivot from a plan to react to breaking news or viral content
• Collaborate alongside social media specialists and help them execute their visions on a daily basis
• Communicate with managers and colleagues to update project timelines and report on progress
• Utilize Adobe After Effects to create custom animations for a diverse slate of platforms
• Train social production staff on new social deliverables
• Work closely with ESPN Creative Services department to maintain cohesive design looks and language for company-wide initiatives
• 5+ years' design experience with at least 2 years designing for mobile and/or social media
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills
• Highly skilled of proficiency in Adobe Design Suite (any of): Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or Cinema4D
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
• Understanding of social media and other emerging platforms
• Basic knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Understanding of and appreciation for audience analytics
• Commanding knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
• Strong familiarity with social media and pop culture trends
• Highly skilled in interpreting and applying social analytics to design decision-making
• High school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
• Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related field.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejb61-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.