Santa Monica, CA
The Senior Network Engineer is a hands-on technical role within the Corporate Infrastructure Network Engineering team within the office of the CIO. The successful candidate will leverage many of the network security tools currently in place and additionally research and deploy new network security tools in the industry. In addition, the Senior Network Engineer will provide additional support and knowledge to the overall Network Engineering organization on projects and campus buildouts.
• Design, configure, test and maintain LAN/WAN and security equipment and related services
• Identifies, diagnoses and resolves network problems as the arise
• Work with Engineering and Operations teams to define and document network standards and architecture
• Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
• 5+ years working in related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP
• Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XR and IOS-XE expertise
• Knowledge of Juniper JUNOS a plus
• Familiarity with Cisco routers, switches and Firepower firewalls
• Knowledge of Palo Alto PAN-OS a plus
• Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity
• Setup and maintenance of network log management systems
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices and implementation of network documentation and diagramming
• Knowledge of user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies such as: 802.1x, TACACS, Radius, and Cisco ISE
• Solid understanding of PKI as well as deployment via SCEP.
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
• Excellent customer presentation skills
• TCP/IP, BGPv4, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast, HSRP, STP, LACP, VPC, NAT, and Packet capturing tools
• Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related)
• Basic Linux fundamentals
• Experience with network virtualization technologies i.e. VRFs and VXLAN using DCNM
• Experience with network automation tools and scripting are highly desired
• Experience in either the media or web scale sectors
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8190m-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.