Paid Social Media Associate
New York, NY
ESPN needs a talented and experienced marketing professional with proven strategic experience to lead the data and technical strategy, and activation to support marketing, for our in-house CRM team with a mission for fan centric lifecyle marketing.
• Lead the continuously evolving data & tech space and work collaboratively with Disney Media Entertainment & Distribution (data partners)
• Lead how CRM team expands ability to use data for activation in media with more partners
• Lead audience activation (1st party and 2nd party)
• Lead audience and segmentation strategies in how they become available through data into activation platforms (Adobe Campaign, Braze) Develop strategic plans to expand data and technology capabilities that can target key segments, using multiple data sources that cross business units and systems
• Audience strategy:
• Move an organization forward in evolving CRM/segmentation by advancing CRM capabilities (with data, technology, science, etc.)
• Identify needs in data, science, segmentation tools, resources, etc. that enable better understanding of audiences, to power deeper segmentation and activation strategies.
• Define what data-science solution is best suited to meet the business need (i.e. business rules, scoring, inferred modeling, predictive modeling, personalization, etc.)
• Work with analytical partners to manage testing plans that optimize audience selection, creative/messaging, frequency, sequencing, etc., and proven ability to lead measurement process to determine results.
• Ensure understanding of KPIs needed to support brand strategy goals, and ensure they can be tracked and provided after the campaigns launch.
• Minimum of 7 years audience and/or data strategy, experience with marketing-activation technology, ideally worked with CRM and customer data marketing systems (e.g., DMP, CDPs, email/app activation platforms, etc.)
• Experience managing employees and leading teams (2-5 years)
• Proven ability to:
• Act as subject matter expert on state of the data, audiences, technology
• Learn new data and technology systems and maximize the value they can deliver
• Manage complex relationships and negotiating with senior leadership to create alignment and influence leadership as needed
• Manage documentation and strategic framing of complex audience strategies in user-friendly ways so they are easily and clearly understood by partners
• Proven success influencing leaders from other teams and organizations with audience prioritization.
• Leadership track record of working with key partners to ensure CRM needs are on their roadmap, and provide requirements and support as needed.
• Proven ability to clearly and frequently communicate with leadership and partners, by providing notes and documentation to ensure alignment and clarity.
• Experience with CRM technology and software capabilities
• Experience in data querying/mining, data science, data analyst
• Exposure to executives telling complex data and technology updates, in clear and compelling ways
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field
• Master's Degree in marketing or related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkky5p-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.