This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of indirect Content costs including labor planning and other overhead expenses. This position will work closely with Content leaders to plan departmental spend, analyze trends and make recommendations for expense savings.
• Prepare operating budgets, five year strategic plan, and quarterly forecasts for Indirect Content Costs for assigned client groups.
• Prepare and maintain labor models and headcount for assigned operating areas including merit increases, promotions, overtime and other labor related costs with an emphasis on contracted labor and corresponding allocations.
• Create contracted labor reports to track overall spend and analyze for spending trends.
• Collaborate with Content management to analyze and track overall performance. Report findings on possible concerns and make recommendations for potential solutions.
• Prepare salary and other indirect expense variances as compared to the annual operating plan, quarterly forecasts and 5 year Strategic Plan to facilitate the monthly close and forecast cycles for Finance and Accounting review.
• Act as a strategic partner with Content while ensuring adherence to ESPN policies and company financial goals.
• Engage in and oversee special projects as directed by management within the Finance organization.
• A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a related field is required.
• Requires strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• A proficiency in building and working with financial models is necessary. Candidate must be extremely detail oriented, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience in Cognos TM1, and SAP a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9348m-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.