- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
ESPN Financial Reporting is an integral part of the ESPN Controllership Department. The team consolidates ESPN's P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement for Disney Corporate's external reporting purposes as well as ESPN's 20% Minority Owner, Hearst Corporation. The team manages ESPN's relationship with Disney's external auditors, PwC, and also manages the Northeast Hub's entire Sarbanes-Oxley program
The Senior Financial Accounting Analyst will be supporting monthly, quarterly, and year-end deliverables, tasks, and Ad-hoc projects. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor monthly accounting activities to ensure compliance with Disney reporting standards, including intercompany activity and data standardization efforts.
• Develop and maintain close relationships with external auditors, management audit, corporate reporting contacts, and accounting department personnel.
• Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for ESPN company-wide program, including benefits, payroll, rent and allocations.
• Handle accounting responsibilities for ESPN general cost centers and ESPN's equity investment in CTV and other Canadian activity.
• Prepare the ESPN Inc. Balance Sheet for review by Controller and CFO and assist in the preparation of the annual standalones for ESPN's Minority Owner, Hearst Corporation.
• Aggregate monthly and quarterly P&L variances for ESPN Consolidated and assist in the preparation of quarterly deliverables to support Disney's 10Q and 10K.
• Responsible for the Northeast Controllership Hub's Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including annual review and testing procedures, walkthroughs of each in-scope process, and other miscellaneous projects as directed by PwC and Enterprise Controls & Compliance.
• Prepare annual tax reporting schedules.
• Perform minimum control based programs and procedures.
• Ensure consolidated reporting is in compliance with US GAAP, Disney Accounting Policy and Minimum Control Standards.
• Participate in periodic forecast and budget meetings with finance contacts.
• At least 3 years of financial accounting experience
• Strong understanding of financial operations, financial controls, GAAP accounting, financial reporting and systems and Sarbanes Oxley
• Critical thinking/analytical skills
• Strong partnering, influencing and networking skills
• Demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently handle high volume work in a deadline driven environment;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• 3 years minimum of accounting experience preferably with Media industry and/or Public Accounting experience
• Proficient with SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• 2 years minimum of auditing experience
• 2 years minimum of financial reporting experience
• Strong knowledge of database structures/reporting
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
• MBA, CPA or equivalent
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.