The Senior Editorial Producer will develop, launch and oversee the editorial and production of ESPN's 30 for 30 Podcasts. Top candidates for this role will demonstrate curiosity, a strong work ethic, exceptional journalistic instincts, creative production technique, and dynamic team-management skills. The role requires an editorial and production leader with a creative and inclusive approach to storytelling who can shape the vision and execution 30 for 30 Podcasts. The ideal candidate is a talented writer/storyteller who has a proven track record for developing talent, producing high-quality narrative content, innovation, problem-solving and has extensive experience working in a deadline-oriented environment. They will develop an efficient workflow/process, a long-range content strategy, and sales integrations. The Senior Editorial Producer will communicate expectations and deliver feedback to both internal and external talent and staff. They will oversee and manage direct reports. Responsibilities include related strategic plans, operational tasks and assignments.
30 for 30 Podcasts will continue to highlight compelling sports stories; staying true to the 30 for 30 brand by going deeper into stories our fans think they know, told by the best audio storytellers and sports reporters on the planet.
This position is preferred to be based in NY, but open to CA.
• Leads editorial planning, production and strategy for 30 for 30 Podcasts.
• Articulates vision and sets agenda for short and long-range editorial calendar and planning.
• Lead editor on all 30 for 30 Podcast series/episodes.
• Manage internal production team, and also external production partners working on all 30 for 30 Podcasts.
• Conducts weekly staff meetings and will create/maintain editorial workflow systems, both within the team and within ESPN.
• Develops relationships throughout ESPN with other key stakeholders and divisions, including: sales, marketing, PR and high level producers representing all platforms around the company.
• Ensures highest-quality production standards.
• Collaborates on budget development and implements approved budget for program, making changes as necessary to meet financial goals.
• Cultivates relationships with prospective talent and partners.
• Assists in the recruitment and development of production and editorial talent.
• Coaches host, reporters, producers and editors to strengthen conversational storytelling skills.
• Coordinates aspects of production, post-production, and program distribution.
• Works with sales and marketing teams to develop strategies for the podcasts, as well as ensuring placement and execution of relevant promotion
• Contributes ideas for sales opportunities.
• Coordinates with marketing team around key events, from planning to execution of regular promotion for the show on internal platforms (TV/Radio) as well as with external distribution partners (Apple, Google, etc.).
• Collaborates on the integration, optimization and awards recognition for 30 for 30 audio initiatives.
• Minimum of 6 years of radio/audio production with experience as editorial leader and creative writer / storyteller / producer.
• Deep passion and knowledge in long form sports podcasting/audio.
• Extensive knowledge of podcasting and digital audio industry.
• Experience in team management.
• Demonstrated digital editing expertise using ProTools audio editing software.
• Curiosity; interest in sports, long form storytelling, and beyond.
• Smart conversationalist with outstanding interview skills.
• Strong journalistic and editorial instincts; exceptional writing ability.
• Thorough understanding of how to operate audio hardware, software and facilities.
• Knowledge and/or understanding of digital listening trends.
• Ability to work quickly and efficiently under deadline pressure.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Thrives in team setting.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's degree
The hiring range for this position in New York, NY is $97,200.00 to $130,300.00 per year and in Los Angeles, CA is $92,800.00 to $124,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj45z0-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.