The Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day coordination of all technical, operational, and budgetary requirements pertaining to assigned sport categories. Facilitate the coordination across various operational and personnel resources across Remote Events.
• Oversees all operational and technical aspects of assigned sports.
• Provides guidance and training to Remote Operations staff including Operations Managers, Operations Producers, and Operations Coordinators. These processes are carried out by both in-house and freelance personnel.
• Ensures that appropriate timelines are met for technical and financial planning.
• Assumes control of all communications for specific sport assignments as it relates to all vendors, league, and governing bodies.
• Works very closely with ESPN staff on maintaining proper education for everyone working on the remote production team.
• Communicates daily with Remote Production leadership on all aspects of the sport category.
• Reviews and communicates transmission, phone and interview needs with Remote Traffic department; liaises and interacts directly with the Remote Crewing department to ascertain technical personnel needs.
• Acts as on-site Technical and/or Operations Manager when necessary.
• Attends industry events as it relates to the sport category.
• Works with Sr. Financial Directors on creation and maintenance of budgets.
• Assists in development and implementation of new technologies for sport category.
• Reviews and approves the hire/fire/promotions decisions as it relates to both in-house and freelance staff.
• Recommends to the Coordinating Director(s) and Vice President of Remote Operations new policies and procedures as they relate to each sport category, or to the department.
• Has in depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
• Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial and logistical skills relating to show creation.
• Higher working knowledge of High Definition between remote operations and studio operations.
• Broad, overarching focus of function and staff
• Typically, incumbent has a minimum of 7 years of related technical and/or operational planning and procurement experience.
• Administers guidelines for procured contracts for all vendors.
• Work is reviewed from a long term and short-term perspective against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Oversees the operational and technical aspects of assigned sport categories.
• Manages the interpretation and application of technical, operational and cost standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of the series.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department
• Supervises all aspects of the needs for success of the sport category.
• Maintains a communication flow with the other sport category managers on new developments of technologies or circumstances that may affect other shows.
• Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• Possesses previous management experience, either by way of assumed title or previous leadership assignments.
• High School Diploma
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k125-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.