The Producer I in the ESPN+ Originals group will be in a production role for the ESPN+ team and will need to have the ability and experience to produce and direct docuseries, trailers, and other elements, serve as a project lead for docuseries, write documentary scripts & summaries and generate story ideas.
• Produce and direct original docuseries
• Accountable for the content and quality of assigned docuseries
• Serve as project lead for multiple docuseries per year. From pre-production through the launch of each series, serve as the day-to-day point person for the third-party packager and ESPN+ Originals. Must keep in constant touch with each showrunner and their production team throughout the project, including story development, research, interview lists, formal production, delivery of notes, post-production, rights and clearances and final delivery.
• Collaborate with content integration, marketing, PR and editorial to provide assets that will aid in elevating the visibility of ESPN+ content
• Collaborate with creative team on key art and episodic art
• Produce other original content tied to ESPN+ Originals, including but not limited to trailers, sizzle reels and formatted shows for air on linear
• Write docuseries scripts and summaries
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in documentary production and/or long-form features. Includes a minimum of 3 years of progressively complex experience as a Producer and/or Director of full-length documentaries, short films and/or long-form features
• A minimum of 3 years of experience writing long-form content scripts and summaries.
• Ability to communicate effectively within a large corporate environment and with outside packagers and their production teams
• Proven ability to effectively supervise camera crews and editors
• Excellent production and technical knowledge
• Strong sports knowledge and knowledge of sports history
• Previous experience overseeing documentaries and/or long-form features.
• Experience working with outside vendors/production companies.
• Experience managing other employees
• Ability to use Avid, Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop
• Experience in sports journalism and/or in the sport media.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree in Film, Journalism and/or Communications.
• Post-graduate study in Filmmaking.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z59z-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.