Lead Designer, Motion Graphics
In this role, the Recurring-Operations Producer oversees the operational and technical aspects of assigned sport categories. Incumbent will be required to manage and interpret the application of technical, operational, and cost standards, and their impact on the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of assigned events.
*This position will allow flexibility to work along the West Coast and not exclusive to Bristol, CT.*
• Oversees all operational and technical aspects of assigned sports.
• Provides guidance and training to Event Operations staff, including Operations Coordinators.
• As an on-site supervisor of personnel, makes sure that ESPN Workplace Conduct and Safety Policies are followed.
• Ensures that appropriate timelines are met for technical and financial planning.
• Manages all on-site activity with crew, including the approval of time-entry, travel, and overtime.
• Is responsible for addressing performance issues while on-site with crew, as necessary. Responsible for vetting and authorizing any of the identification provided by event-payrolled personnel assigned.
• Assumes control of all communications involving specific sport assignments as it relates to all vendors, league, and governing bodies.
• Manages the interpretation and application of technical, operational and cost standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of assigned events.
• Maintains a working knowledge of High Definition broadcast standards present and future developments.
• Will spend time in both field remote events as well as our fixed studio facilities.
• Works very closely with ESPN staff on maintaining proper education for everyone working on the remote production team.
• Communicates daily with Event Production leadership on all aspects of the sport category.
• Attends industry events as it relates to the sport category.
• Works with ESPN Finance on creation and maintenance of budgets.
• Assists in development and implementation of new technologies for sport category.
• Minimum of 5-years of related technical and/or operational planning, on-site management and procurement experience.
• Has in-depth awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
• Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial, and logistics planning related to show creation.
• Higher working knowledge of High Definition technology, and how it is used between remote operations and studio operations.
• Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication, and negotiating skills.
• Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's and ABC Sports remote operations functions.
• Has an in-depth understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcast.
• Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
• Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor contacts.
• Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• Thorough knowledge of PC databases, Word, Excel, and related software.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.