Media Replay Operator II (PT)
Media Replay Operators II work with the directors and staff in the control room before and during productions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of studio shows and events. The Media Replay Operator II will be responsible for organizing, recording, editing and playing back server-based material during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets ESPN's high standards for video and audio quality. They are also responsible for local media management and naming conventions.
• Organization and distribution of all server content used for recording and playback during control room productions.
• Checking the video and audio quality of content during live and recorded programming, setting up records of incoming feeds and editing show content.
• Advanced levels of operating in a fast paced, high pressure and deadline driven environment.
• Measuring audio and video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
• Demonstrating an advanced knowledge of editing techniques on non-linear systems.
• Understanding complex information and disseminating it to proper personnel in a clear and concise manner.
• Supporting ESPN Domestic networks, including Deportes, as well as all ESPN International networks.
• Creating learning opportunities that foster development for other operators.
• Prioritizing and disseminating information amongst the media crew in the control room to ensure seamless productions.
• Participation in required administrative tasks including, but not limited to, the effective utilization of all ESPN software-based applications.
• Embrace company initiatives including town and/or departmental meetings, upward feedback, performance management applications and employee surveys. Encourage others to do the same.
• Problem solving, troubleshooting and effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
• Seeking out information regarding the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives
• Minimum of 4 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
• Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
• Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
• Ability to initiate and lead projects especially with regards to training and enhancing business workflows.
• Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
• Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
• Candidates must have a good computer background (Office 365, ENPS, SLACK etc.) and strong communication skills including experience with computer network signal flow.
• Advanced knowledge of server playback systems and non-linear editing systems such as Quantel.
• Advanced knowledge of TV Production equipment, workflows, and technology including but not limited to, broadcast routers, vector scope and waveform monitors, media management, and technical standards.
• Well-rounded experience in a live production control room environment.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism or related field
• Vocational School Certification
• Related Experience
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpp29o-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.