Master Control Operator
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DE&E Technology is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DE&E Technology also leads operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ HotStar, as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DE&E Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the Disney Entertainment and ESPN Segments of The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DE&E Technology helps the The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
The Manager, Network Origination is responsible for providing oversight and support of the distribution concepts for all server based, live content and commercials for Disney's linear broadcast and cable networks, as well as streaming platforms. This role builds and implements standard operating procedures, policies and processes for assigned functions of the department. In addition, evaluates and educates subordinates in quality control and follow through procedures for reports, technical troubleshooting and adherence to all standard operating procedures. Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and overall management of staff and facilities.
Responsibilities/Duties of the Role
• Leads a team of supervisors and technical operating personnel in support of content distribution for Disney content
• Creates and monitors technical training programs and employee progress
• Prepares and delivers employee performance evaluations; recommends merit increases & possible yearly and spot bonus awards
• Coordinates and leads all aspects of technical operations and/or campus facilities to ensure efficient and smooth operations
• Participates in planning with various partners as well as all other clients (Programming Ad Sales, Disney Streaming, Human Resources, Affiliate Divisions, etc.) to ensure the adequacy of technical facilities and staff to achieve targeted results
• Plans and coordinates with engineering groups regarding the installation and implementation of new equipment
• Evaluate and educate subordinates in follow-through procedures for reports, technical troubleshooting and workflow efficiencies
• Expected to lead or participate in special projects
• Collaborate with partners in Disney network distribution and Transmission facilities at multiple physical locations across the country.
• A minimum of 10-years experience of network or major market experience in management and multi-platform operations dealing in the execution of network operations and preparation and distribution of content
• Strong collaboration skills with the ability to gain consensus through personal influence
• Ability to lead multiple team members, including development and workload management
• Scheduling flexibility to oversee high-profile events
• In-depth knowledge of the technical equipment involved in multi-network operations
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
• College Degree in Communications, Production, Management or related fields
The hiring range for this position in Bristol is $135,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4499v-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.