This role will have a strong focus on consumer insights, with a proficiency around content ideation, development and calibration. Building on broader brand insights, this work will help represent the voice of the fan as it relates to ESPN's content and storytelling efforts within live sports events, studio, series, films and editorial. As the Manager of Brand Strategy & Content Insights, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects, data mining, analysis, and the communication of finalized perspectives through both written word, verbal presentations, and workshop development. This role will interface and build relationships across Live Event and Studio Production, the ESPN+ Content team, Marketing, and Social Media Content.
• Collaborate with and advise key stakeholders across the company, with minimal supervision.
• Ask meaningful and clarifying questions of stakeholders to guide and define research objectives, ultimately scoping projects from internal client ask through to RFP.
• Project manage various primary research initiatives, interfacing with vendors and contributing to analysis.
• Digest complex information and data across multiple sources and create cohesive narratives across findings.
• Deliver clear, actionable insights to senior management via written, visualized and verbal communication.
• Attend and present at meetings with internal ESPN departments and as well as the wider Disney organization
• 5+ years of relevant media/marketing/primary research experience.
• Experience with key quantitative research tools and processes – developing sample frames, questionnaire design, checking survey programming, managing fielding partners and monitoring progress, creating banner/tab plans, reading and quality control of data tables.
• Experience with key qualitative research tools and processes – screener development, managing recruiting, discussion guide development, digital and in-person activity development, managing fieldwork, supporting execution of methods, synthesizing learnings, etc.
• Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency with statistical packages (such as SPSS, SAS, R, SQL, Q Research).
• Ability to interpret and integrate insights from multiple data sources into a cohesive narrative.
• Skilled with extracting insights from raw data and visually bring those insights to life in creative ways.
• Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated leadership skills.
• Collaborative nature and ability to work well in a team environment.
• Passion for sports content in all forms (TV, social, digital, audio) and knowledge of the media landscape.
• Some experience with TV, web, video, social analytics tools (Nielsen, comScore, Social Analytics tools) a plus, but not required
• Bachelors degree
• (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejw00-3-214-224-207-42 in your application.