Video Editor, Tasty
Los Angeles, CA
The General Editor, Copy Desk, works with other copy editors in ensuring the overall editorial quality and accuracy, in addition to search optimization, of ESPN.com-generated content.
• Editing and polishing articles (including headlines, captions and link text), checking for accuracy, proper grammar, search optimization, appropriateness and style.
• Helping monitor copy flow and assignments as directed by the Copy Chief, as well as editing headlines/blurbs for index pages, alerts and video modules.
• Work shifts may require night and/or weekend duty.
• A minimum of 2 years of editorial, reporting and/or copy editing experience
• Has advanced competence in writing, editing, reporting and SEO fundamentals.
• Has a basic appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences
• Has comprehensive news journalism experience and news judgment; understands assigned sport(s) from a journalistic point of view
• Has a basic understanding of HTML and related web authoring tools and software
• Strong English grammar and excellent organizational skills, particularly as it applies to grammar and syntax; thorough familiarity with leading newspaper/magazine style guides
• Familiarity with most major Internet news sites and fluency in electronic newsgathering techniques.
• Strong understanding of most major sports, as well as a working knowledge of athletes, coaches, league operations and the like.
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field or a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.