Senior Editor, NBA
Los Angeles, CA
The Digital Editorial general editor works across sports and platforms to create and curate the most accurate, timely and engaging content for fans. Candidates must demonstrate a strong editing background, news judgement and the ability to work within a team. The position requires an understanding of a 24/7 news environment that includes desktop, mobile, social and personalized platforms. The ideal candidate will possess nimble, reactionary storytelling and analytical skills as well as the ability to manage long-range project planning and production. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment and has a flexible work schedule.
• Work to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital products.
• Write and edit stories that are consistent with ESPN's voice, editorial policy and standards of news judgement.
• Discover and create content that is optimized for off-platform distribution.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content compelling and comprehensive.
• Write and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for visual storytelling.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge for SEO.
• Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
• Identify opportunities for strategic growth in both revenue and traffic metrics.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in editorial and content creation.
• Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
• Basic knowledge of all major sports.
• Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
• Experience managing journalists in a fast-paced environment.
• Commitment to contributing to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Understanding of SEO and social media landscape.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.