Digital Video/Social Associates – SnapChat will oversee the daily creation and curation of video content production elements for premium ESPN digital shows. They write scripts, produce video, and create graphics. This individual must be organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile digital/social environments. An associate will need to be able to think creatively in order to produce for both vertical and horizontal content consumption. Must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully with creative services, production operations, social production, and technology to ensure that we maintain and evolve the tools and processes required to deliver digital video content to fans in the highest quality, most creative, and most efficient ways possible.
• Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Digital Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
• Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
• Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on ESPN digital platforms and social channels.
• Produce, create, and edit videos. This will include script writing, video editing, and graphic creation and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
• Minimum of 1 year working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and producing video elements.
• Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines.
• Ability to edit using non-linear editing software.
• Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
• An understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution.
• Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment.
• Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems.
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends.
• Experience editing with the Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.).
• Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple digital/social media platforms.
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
• An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkzx70-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.