Digital/Social Video Associates oversee the daily creation and curation of video content for ESPN-branded social channels, ESPN digital platforms and ESPN YouTube channels. They produce video, write headlines and evaluate stories and videos for accuracy, fairness and social/viral potential. Editors must be able to track performance metrics and video analytics on ESPN platforms, enhancing the distribution model on all channels. This individual must have a commanding knowledge of Search Engine Optimization, be organized, and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile/social environments. Must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully in identifying and/or developing up-to-the-minute video content optimized for multiple platforms and user needs.
• Become a subject matter expert on the ESPN Digital Platforms and apply that expertise to expand reach, engagement, and distribution of content.
• Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences.
• Analyze usage and performance metrics that can lead to content enhancements and improvements.
• Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for video distribution on YouTube channels and ESPN Platforms.
• Produce, create, and edit videos. This will include headline writing, tagging and managing an overall style and voice, and working with subject matter experts for specific content types.
• 1-2 years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams.
• Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
• Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
• Excellent headline writing skills, an understanding of optimal tactics for content distribution.
• Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment.
• Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
• Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
• Non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, WSC, etc.)
• Experience in editing content, specific to the needs and specs for multiple social media platforms.
• Has a good appreciation of popular culture and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users.
• An understanding and of how sports fans are consuming content on mobile devices.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbn3nk-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.