The Designer II is responsible for the creation, development and delivery of Animations at an advanced level. This position provides Animation support for daily production and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects, and frequently works independently on projects. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization and animation skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's linear and digital platforms.
• Utilizes After Effects and Cinema4D to create advanced animations for network productions, digital platforms, short and long-range assignments.
• Translates project details and creative direction into unique animation solutions.
• Actively engineer animation projects to render efficiently.
• Proactively mentor less experienced animators.
• Proactively research technical solutions to hardware/software/plugin issues.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Ability to work nights, weekends & holidays.
• Strong knowledge of After Effects and Cinema4D.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity & animation skills.
• Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
• Reliable work-from-home setup (personal laptop or desktop with reliable internet connection).
• Minimum of 3 years hands-on animation experience with After Effects/Cinema4D in a major TV market, network, post-house level.
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d287e7-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.