The Designer – Animation, Graphics Innovation & Production Design is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs, animations, and real-time graphics directories at an intermediate level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long-range assignments contributes to group projects and works independently on assignments when needed. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess a strong ability to learn quickly, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN's on-air product.
• Utilizes Adobe and VIZ-RT to create advanced designs and animations for network productions and long-range assignments.
• Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
• Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
• Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
• Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
• Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including Viz Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
• Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects.
• Demonstrated 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Minimum of 2 years hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience with Adobe/Cinema4D/Maya/VIZ-RT or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3bk1-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.