The Crewing Specialist facilitates assignments across all levels of below-the-line technical support and scheduling across ESPN and ESPNonABC remote events. The individual should possess expert-level understanding of technical, remote positions across diverse events: their functions, responsibilities, and necessary skills. The Specialist will be required to maintain an extensive knowledge-base of process and payment workflows across sport assignments, positions, and geographical locations.
• Demonstrate extensive familiarity with the role of hiring and assigning of freelancers/Independent Contractors (IC's) across all remote events.
• Have a thorough understanding of technical, remote positions across diverse events: their functions, responsibilities and necessary skills.
• Demonstrate expert-level knowledge of the current ABC third-party vendor agreement, payroll rules, processes, and terms.
• Exhibit expert-level knowledge of technical equipment (cameras, EVS/replay devices, switchers, audio consoles and graphics machines) used on a mobile unit.
• Maintain an extensive knowledge-base of freelancers/ICs across sport assignments, positions, and geographical locations.
• Provide guidance, training and day-to-day support to all team members as needed. Be involved in, and contribute to scheduling of training for new hires, as well as internal and external shadow sessions.
• Function as a project lead for any crewing-specific initiatives. Host and participate in planning meetings as directed by Management.
• Consistently communicate, and ensure teams adhere to, the show-level needs of a remote event. Demonstrate leadership in structuring the budget and scheduling parameters around assignments.
• Demonstrate understanding and management of Crew Sheet and Technical Services Contract List (TSCL) distribution.
• Be well-versed in the current actualization process and performance tracking for assigned individuals. Consistently assist in the tracking of both.
• Function as a liaison between the Crewing area and the Remote Operations Resource Team. Assist in sharing and communicating best practices. Includes, but not limited to, Technical Services Contract Lists (TSCLs), Vendor relations, Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) communications, and ABC third-party payroll.
• Ensures that appropriate timelines are met around crewing needs for events and/or projects.
• In all of these responsibilities, positively and professionally represent the brand and model of the ESPN Crewing Department.
• Typically, incumbent has a minimum of 7+ years of industry related experience.
• Has in-depth awareness of company systems.
• Has in-depth knowledge of organization, procurement, financial and logistical skills relating to Crewing.
• Work is reviewed from a long-term and short-term perspective against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
• Manages the standards that may impact the accuracy, cost, and timeliness of the events.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
• Basic computer experience, with a proficiency in Windows based PC applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
• Has and applies an advanced knowledge of the requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Possesses previous management experience, either through assigned title or previous leadership role.
• Previous knowledge of NCS, SAP, and/or ESPN Playbook systems.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4j72z-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.