- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
In this role, the Crewing Coordinator uses technical background and practical experience to coordinate the hiring, deployment, scheduling and logistics of Independent Contractors (ICs) relevant to ESPN-produced, remote events. Candidate is expected to have basic knowledge of all phases of departmental operations through orientation and observation. The individual will also be expected to have an active hand in the tracking and reporting of personnel, travel, and assignments expense, and manage to predisposed sport budgets. Candidate must be able to react in a timely manner against all Programming assignments, and work closely with Remote Operations management personnel. This role may be required to travel to remote sites and assist on sporting events.
• Has a basic understanding of technical remote positions, their functions, responsibilities, and necessary skills.
• Possesses a general understanding of the technical equipment used on mobile units, including but not limited to: cameras, replay devices, switchers, audio boards, and graphics machines.
• Has basic knowledge of the current ABC/NABET hiring contract.
• Routinely assesses, and regularly provides upward feedback, when hiring Independent Contractors (ICs) for ESPN produced events, focusing on skill sets, technical backgrounds, specific sport knowledge, and communication.
• Works with Operations Producer and/or Operations Manager to determine the technical needs for remote production. Provide support to the Operations Management in Bristol and at remote locations.
• Maintain event personnel lists, ensuring the accuracy of work start and end dates and coordinate with the operations department to ensure that personnel are hired properly. Ensure that all hired personnel complete necessary corporate paperwork and guide it through the system.
• Participate regularly in Operations meetings and conference calls for the sport events supported.
• Under the direction of the Crewing Management Staff, negotiate rates and discusses payment terms with Independent Contractors at point of hire. Is responsible for ensuring all aspects of work assignment is communicated, including call times, travel policy, and payment options.
• Typically, incumbent has a minimum of one 1 year of related technical, crewing and/or operational planning and procurement in Remote Broadcasting.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, including voice and email communication, as well as negotiating skills.
• Has awareness of developments in equipment technology and procedures.
• Has working knowledge of organization, financial and logistical process relating to show creation.
• Working knowledge of High Definition between remote operations and studio operations.
• Administers to proper hiring and payment policies.
• Operates within the defined goals of the Remote Operations department.
• Contributes to the ''below the line'' needs for success of the sport category.
• Maintains communication flow with peers in sharing best practices and maximizing contractor contacts.
• Has working knowledge of the technical equipment requirements of ESPN's remote operations functions.
• Has an understanding of the procurement aspects of the technical and operational equipment needed to carryout broadcasts.
• Thorough knowledge of PC databases, Word, Excel, and related software
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree or Technical School degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.