The Creative Producer is responsible for the internal and external coordination of all aspects of delivering an on-brand, dynamic graphic package to our production units. The Creative Producer works hand in hand with the Creative Director, Art Director, Producers and the Management team to strategically plan and creatively weigh-in on the overall scope and planning of a package launch and regular seasonal maintenance for all NHL package needs for both linear and Direct to Consumer needs. This individual will also coordinate all administrative and financial requirements, establishes timelines, deliverables and review sessions for both the internal design team and production stakeholders for a single or multiple projects. The Creative Producer manages expectations to our production stakeholders, DSS, Marketing, Social and Digital needs aligning teams in collaboration for the length of the project. The Creative Producer develops and lends oversight to the Creative Associate Producer and Creative Coordinator in all facets of their job function.
• Keeps team morale and communication pipeline maintained at the highest possible level for positive productivity
• Knowledge of digital show builds and execution of strategy for Direct to Consumer business
• Strong team building skills. Is able to motivate, educate, direct a team or individual Designers, Animators, Editors and others assigned to a projects whether in-house, freelance or with an external production group.
• Sports knowledge is a key component to this role as the yearly sports schedules, nuances to differing sports and flows of work based on different seasons is essential.
• Strong communication skills a necessity for day to day workflows across various businesses both at ESPN and across the Disney organization.
• Oversees project schedules, budgets, resources, and vendor contracts
• Delegates and maintains constant communication with our CAP, CA and CC staff to ensure projects are staying on track.
• Point of contact for project communications from Production, including status reports for design team, management staff, clients, and vendors
• Manages changes to deliverables lists and/or project schedules
• Ensures that deliverables are received and payments are fulfilled
• Makes budget decisions within limits prescribed by creative and executive leaders
• Coordinates communication with our legal team or image reps to ensure best practices in royalties and copyrights
• Conducts and organizes research for projects in collaboration with creative leaders
• Forecasts with the Senior Staff on projects on a yearly basis
• Schedules and attends production meetings, takes notes for clients and vendors
• Oversees and delegates upkeep and creation of style guides
• Accountable for strict adherence to established department procedures
• Oversees and delegates archiving of project elements and materials
• Develop thorough knowledge of various network/show looks
• Adhere to all SOP of projects with Creative team to meet all required deadlines and technical requirements.
• Ability to work nights and weekends and extra hours as needed.
• 4 years broadcast producing experience
• Ability to organize and present with confidence daily.
• Organize and build strategy for internal meeting approaches for projects as well as being the lead with key stakeholders.
• Strong Understanding of Microsoft based software (word, excel) as well as Smartsheets.
• Working Knowledge of Remote and Studio production workflow.
• Working knowledge of After Effects, Photoshop, VizRT and other software utilized for projects by designers, animators, and editors
• Demonstrated ability to get along with diverse personalities and working styles
• Partnering and teamwork skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to lead creative and producing teams on large and small scale projects
• Detail and multi-task oriented, the ability to multitask and deliver consistently with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Very strong communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
• Understanding of file formats, conversions, and media codecs
• Knowledge of ESPN or network production infrastructure
• Working Knowledge of VIZrt.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7133p-3-235-184-215-42 in your application.