Executes graphics on a basic level using playout applications for remote and studio productions. Maintains quality of on-air product for daily/nightly studio and remote productions.
• Maintains quality of ESPN's on-air product for daily/nightly Studio and Event productions.
• The Controller, or ''Graphics Operator'', executes graphics on a basic level using ESPN developed playout applications for remote and studio productions.
• Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions.
• Required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays
• Able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. Must also be able to clearly articulate source of problems in defective equipment reports.
• Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation.
• Ability to work Nights, Weekends & Holidays if needed
• Strong understanding of Windows-based applications for live productions
• Candidates must be highly motivated, willing to work all shifts, weekends, some holidays and must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to meet ever-changing deadlines
• Must be accurate spellers and possess strong communication skills
• Must have familiarity with Sports. This includes College and Professional teams – names, logos and franchise players
• Minimum of one year of on-air graphics systems controller experience in a major market or at the network level is desired.
• Experience using VizRt, Chyron, ROSS, Trio, Photoshop, ENPS is preferred
• Able to catalog logos/headshots and custom graphics and Sales elements
• Understanding of live production control room (PCR) etiquette and overall professionalism
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6p5n9-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.