Responsible for creative development, preparation, and production of a wide range of MMA and UFC content, including segments and shows across linear, social and digital platforms for air to reach viewers and increase MMA engagement while driving awareness and interest in upcoming fights and fighters.
• In coordination with the assigned senior production staff (e.g. Producer, Coordinating Producers), identifies and develops content that interprets, enhances and reinforces the concepts of MMA content to tell stories.
• Oversees production of content from start to finish, including:
• Leads a team of production staff (e.g. APs, CAs, PAs) to conceive of, plan and execute the production of MMA related content.
• Uses mastery of MMA knowledge, creativity and news judgment to research, generate, select & pitch concepts and content ideas
• Able to excel in work across all platforms, understanding specific fan needs on each and producing content that maximizes the potential of the specific distribution outlet.
• Understands how to analyze user data to improve MMA content creation.
• Evaluates & influences the style and story lines of content. Guides staff in topic selection, highlight development, writing, sound & shot selection.
• Coordinates with the production staff to write accurate and informative content (e.g. teases & bumps, shot sheets, scripts)
• Oversees & influences editing associated with the content to ensure desired story line and pacing
• Arranges and schedules content components (e.g. talent, graphics, animations, and edit time)
• Coordinates with technical staff to maximize the technical process & tools with which content is created and delivered to fans across multiple platforms to best tell a story
• Adjusts content to accommodate breaking news situations and changing storylines
• Provides final review of content to ensure quality and accuracy
• Leadership responsibilities:
• Effectively maintains leadership in a group environment; maintains professional relationships within the production staff to ensure professionalism, teamwork and objective reporting
• Oversees direct reports, solicits & delivers feedback in a timely manner
• Trains, coaches, develops and mentors production staff on idea generation, communication, edit room performance, and overall quality & accuracy of content production
• Includes a diverse set of viewpoints and experiences through the planning and execution of content.
• Will occasionally produce entire programs with guidance from the responsible leader (e.g. Producer, Coordinating Producer, etc.).
• Minimum of 5-years of progressively complex production experience with an emphasis on sports content.
• Solid ability to interpret MMA stories and to create and assemble compelling content to support the concept of the story.
• Has a strong established knowledge of current MMA fighters and storylines as well as awareness of the history of the sport.
• Strong knowledge of real-time sports production processes and working knowledge of equipment and all relevant technologies used to carry out a broad range of assignments.
• Must have detailed knowledge of what ''works'' across multiple platforms and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted.
• Good editorial judgement
• Good understanding of people supervision, the development of teams and leadership skills
• Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
• Good content interpretation skills related to sporting events
• Good appreciation of popular culture, and understands the tastes of ESPN's consumers
• Good understanding of ESPN's market positioning and strategies
• Strong working knowledge of production workflows
• Availability to work nights/weekends/holidays as required
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzpv07-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.