Part-Time Audio Operator I
The Audio Operator will provide audio mixing (A1) and/or audio assist (A2) support for live event, studio productions and pre-recorded material for the ESPN family of networks and distribution platforms. As an audio operator (A1), you must be proficient in mixing and monitoring all audio sources including but not limited to microphones, music, sound effects and natural sound.
As an audio assist (A2), you must be experienced in the configuration of in-house intercom/PL communications and proficient in dressing talent microphones/IFBs.
This person is expected to work with the production team in maintaining ESPN's high standards of audio presentation for all delivered content. This person must demonstrate proficiency in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas.
• Operate all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: audio mixing consoles, outboard equipment, audio & video routing, digital audio delivery servers, microphone & IFBs and their signal flows, mix minus, intercom devices & software, broadcast routers, etc. Measures audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods.
• Measure audio signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods
• Prioritize and disseminate complex information among the entire control room/studio/remote crews in a clear and concise manner to ensure seamless productions
• Participate in special event coverage and projects as necessary
• Problem solve and troubleshoot using effective communication to best convey issues and resolutions.
• File reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions and equipment status at the request of management
• Seek out information in regards to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations/DMED, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
• Participates in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
• Minimum 2 years practical Content Production or related experience at the large market or network level in the A1 and/or A2 role
• Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to; audio signal flow concepts, dynamics processing, equalizers, metering concepts, audio & video routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, communications panels - hardware & software, microphones/IFBs etc
• Understanding of Remote Event Workflows and Terminology
• Demonstrated ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines combined with organizational, efficiency and planning skills and an ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
• Problem solves and troubleshoots using technical acumen and strong communication tools to best convey issues and resolutions
• Experience seeking information regarding workflows of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with your role, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others
• Candidates must have a strong computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...)
• Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives including the ability to work nights and weekends.
• Demonstrable Knowledge of Broadcast Communications Equipment
• Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners.
• Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
• Regional – National Level Live Event and Mixing Experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, or related field
• Vocational School or related experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez707-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.