Departmental Summary: The Communications team informs our employees and stakeholders, shapes the narrative of our biggest events and tells the story of the how ESPN continues to be a global leader in the sports media industry.
Position Summary: The Communications Associate Producer will play an integral part in filming, producing, editing, writing and social-strategizing content to promote ESPN's products from linear, ESPN+, ESPN.com, espnw.com, The Undefeated, ESPN Films and more across multiple platforms externally and internally.
Deep video production knowledge, understanding and ability to manage social platform optimization and ability to create high level content in deadline settings are core to the job.
This position will work closely with the 55-person department's Publicists as they prepare for major announcements and in-the-moment as announcements are made or statements issued. The Associate Producer will also proactively suggest ideas for video creation and design elements and will play an integral role with multiple teams within the communications department to strategize and ensure videos are cutting-edge and lead to greater engagement.
• Develop, edit, write and produce compelling original video/GIFs/Animations for a variety of ESPN Communications social channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and emerging platforms/tools that align with objectives & prioritize storytelling
• Ability to juggle/prioritize multiple projects, remain organized, attention to detail, team player
• Experience/proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) & additional editing software (Final Cut)
• Support Publicists as they create materials to promote a variety of initiatives including content, commentator announcements/profiles, milestones, new business agreements and more.
• Strategize daily with Communications colleagues to determine what content will have the most social impact and how to present it
• Work closely with ESPN Communications Content Creation team to ensure the most dynamic look.
• Shoot and edit video, often on a tight deadline.
• Minimum 1 year of video experience in a deadline-oriented media setting
• Experience/proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects) & additional editing software (Final Cut) and Audio editing tools
• Extensive knowledge of social channels and types of content that lead to engagement
• Experience strategizing all aspects of creative process to maximize social impact and Return on Time Investment
• Knowledge of ESPN programming, commentators and business priorities is a must
• Experience successfully creating visual content, including shooting and editing video with a quick turnaround time
• Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience in copy editing, caption writing, headline creation
• Ability and experience to help in SEO Optimization
• Work samples, video editing assignment and writing exercise required for all serious candidates
• 3 or more years of experience creating social media content preferred
• Sports PR experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree
• Evening hours, potential for travel and regular, on-call rotation are integral part of the job.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zz5e-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.