Los Angeles, CA
The Digital Editorial associate editor is a full-time position that works across sport group to create and curate the most accurate, timely and engaging content off games and events for fans. Candidates must demonstrate a strong editing background, news judgement and the ability to work within a team. The position requires an understanding of a 24/7 news environment that includes desktop, mobile, social and personalized platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment and has a flexible work schedule.
• Write and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
• Work with writers to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital Editorial sports products.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content compelling and comprehensive.
• Establish proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
• Establish proficiency and knowledge for SEO best practices.
• Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in editorial and content creation.
• Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
• Basic knowledge of sports.
• Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Appreciation for and understanding of college sports.
• Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.