Full Time Job
Associate Editor, Digital Editorial - NBA
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionThe Digital Editorial associate editor is a full-time position that works on our NBA content team to assign and edit the most accurate, timely and engaging content. Candidates must demonstrate a strong editing background, news judgement and the ability to work within a team. The position requires an understanding of a 24/7 news environment that includes multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in a team environment and has a flexible work schedule. The position is based in Los Angeles or Bristol, CT.
• Assign and edit stories for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development.
• Work with writers to bring a distinctive, compelling and authentic voice to all Digital Editorial sports products.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to make content engaging and comprehensive.
• Establish proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices for social media.
• Establish proficiency and knowledge for SEO best practices.
• Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in editorial and content creation.
• Understanding and appreciation of news and reporting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Skilled in interpreting and applying data to decision making.
• Appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9bm14-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.
ESPN, Inc. is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment entity featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.