The Associate Director I will operate under the supervision of the Director to support the direction of live Studio, Remote, and REMI productions by assisting with the execution and timing of the show, and the preparation and assembly of elements of the show. The position requires the Associate Director to practice and maintain performance standards as they apply to leadership, communication, operations, and development, and consistently perform all of the duties and functions of the role.
• Assist the Director during a production by timing elements, keying fonts, and coordinating feeds.
• Maintain communication with live shots by providing alerts and cues, and ensure the proper framing, audio and video levels meet on-air standards. Assist in communication of traffic changes, graphics requests, music cues, and source changes with media.
• Assist the Director with pre-production elements including promotions, teases, graphics, special effects and virtual imagery; coordinate video and fonts within the production.
• Work with the assigned lead Directors on special graphics elements and animations for specialty shows.
• Help to develop, mentor and coach less-experienced staff members as well as provide feedback to support their development.
• Become familiar with other positions and equipment in the studio and control room as they pertain to the Associate Director role.
• A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
• Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
• Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation.
• Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas
• Ability to work nights, weekends & holidays
• A minimum of three years of production experience or network equivalent preferred
• Directing experience preferred.
• Bilingual language skills (Spanish/English) preferred
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1okkv-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.