This position is responsible for the daily creation of on-air graphics for multiple productions, provides basic After Effects animation support as directed, formats imagery for ESPN Image Management System, and provides creative support on longer-term projects as individual abilities enable. This is a hands-on position needing strong ability to learn quickly and collaborate with others while also being able to work independently and efficiently under tight deadlines to maintain the quality of ESPN on-air product.
• Collaborates with design to concept complex layouts across breakpoints
• Utilizes Adobe software to create designs and animations for ESPN productions.
• Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events
• Prepares image files for programs and maintains ESPN Image Management System (IMS).
• Proactively collaborates within the ESPN Creative Services group to contribute on longer-term initiatives.
• Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department.
• Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
• Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
• Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
• Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
• Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
• Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
• Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
• Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
• Strong hands-on Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
• Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing creativity, design and type layout skills.
• Must work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) and may be required to travel, as assignments or training necessitate.
• Must have reliable transportation to work.
• Hands-on experience with Adobe After Effects
• Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance ESPN programming.
• Familiarity with ESPN programming and family of networks
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in design or related field.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6npmn-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.