Visual Designer Creator Experience (web)
What we do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you'll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Visual Designer (Web) to join our Creator Experience team on Fortnite. You will be instrumental in helping us define our Creator Vision, shape the look and feel of websites, mobile applications, and other tools supporting all of Epic's products. This role is an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on users of Epic's impressive catalog of technology through a passion for user-centered design and gaming.
In this role, you will
• Design web UI and shape the overall user experience by gathering business requirements, identifying constraints, and developing successful design solutions.
• Work closely with designers, artists, engineers, and user researchers to translate high level product requirements into designs that deliver compelling, satisfying user experiences.
• Create detailed storyboards, interaction workflows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, while iterating as necessary.
What we're looking for
• 6+ years of experience in UX design or interaction design
• Experience designing UI/UX for software applications
• Strong understanding of usability principles, HCI, and information architecture
• Portfolio that shows awareness of the current culture of mobile app and web software design
• Adept at demonstrating design with just the right mix of interactive-prototype fidelity, documentation, and collaboration
• Able to apply theory to practice while adapting your design process to the project at hand
• Ability to multi-task and switch context across a multitude of projects
• Excellent communication skills (in person, written and presentation)
• Passion for user-centered design and the video game industry
• You're user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmw276-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.