What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a full-time Test Lead on one of our Fortnite test teams. The person in this role will manage the testers and test processes involved in our testing efforts along with assisting in risk assessment and mitigation. They will be required to work within existing processes, while simultaneously finding ways to upgrade and innovate the processes that currently exist. They will be ultimately accountable for supervising test teams, providing individuals with mentorship and career development, all the while balancing workloads from multiple sources. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment, capable of navigating interpersonal quandaries, and have the desire to develop world class QA talent, then we would love to talk to you.
In this role, you will
• Shepherd testing process for their assigned Project, supervising day to day tasking of up to 15 testers
• Set expectations for Testers; mentor, develop, and evaluate testers on their performance and growth plans.
• Prioritize testing to meet development deadlines, communicate status of testing to stakeholders, and escalate issues to the right owners so major issues are visible and handled promptly.
• Ensures their team maintains the company standard for bug quality and test execution, and improves team processes through feedback.
• Troubleshooting system and hardware issues in order to unblock testing.
• Able to perform test gap analysis and communicate this information to QA Analysts and /or QA leads, and communicate with multiple parties to facilitate the flow of information from dev teams to test teams.
What we're looking for
• 3+ years of testing experience in fast-paced environments, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
• 1+ year(s) of professional leadership experience.
• 3+ months of professional management experience.
• Solid understanding of test methodologies, including functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development.
• Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with product owners and developers on technical topics and features.
• Excellent reporting skills for assembling data in an easily-digestible format.
• Test Planning skills for projecting test coverage needs in advance, while remaining flexible to cover urgent requests.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rny1y1-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.