What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class FX, Environment, Character, and Concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for experienced FX Artists to join our team working on projects under the Fortnite IP. A successful candidate should have a strong sense of dramatic effects and an understanding of how to recreate them in a real time particle editor. They will be first and foremost a team player, while also having the ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
If you have a strong sense of weight, timing, motion, and you demonstrate technical aptitude with materials and logic, we are ready for you to bring those abilities to execute outstanding FX in our games.
In this role, you will
• Execute outstanding effects for our games by bringing dramatic effects to life
• Ability to create all art needed for the visual effects, including FX concept, proto and final FX
• Execute on a range of visual effects styles from realistic to stylized
What we're looking for
• Must have a strong reel/portfolio showing executed Real-Time FX work
• Critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX with an ability to bring dramatic FX to life with flair
• Ability to create all art needed for the FX. Scripting experience in Blueprint a plus
• Abilities in a secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting
• Shipped title(s) within the game industry
• Familiarity with the Unreal 4/Unreal 5 Engine art pipeline
• Experience working with multiple platforms and their respective memory and performance limitations
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations in North America (including NYC).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
New York City Base Pay Range
$108,675 - $181,125 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8jm3-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.