What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a User Interface (UI) Programmer who is passionate about games and well-versed in C++, UI development, gameplay, and console development. In this role, you'll have an opportunity to work across UI, gameplay, and platforms to build features highly impactful to users.
In this role, you will
• Work closely with art and design leads to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
• Attending to every detail, especially with regard to compliance, layout, and design
• Architecting, planning, and implementing new UI systems
• Optimizing and fixing bugs in existing UI systems
• Contributing ideas toward all aspects of the game's production and development
• Writing robust, maintainable code
• Working collaboratively with the team to ensure that UI meets aesthetic and functional requirements
• Work closely with artists, designers, and other programmers on cutting-edge features that support player experiences across Fortnite
What we're looking for
• Exceptional C++ programming skills
• Experience developing UI features for games across multiple platforms
• Knowledge of networking, rendering, and other systems impacting quality and performance
• General experience with web services
• Unreal Engine development experience
• Passion for games and great user experiences
• Keen analytical mind and mature problem-solving skills
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$144,900 - $241,600 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$138,400 - $227,100 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj113b-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.