What We Do
We design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative, while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. We solve the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
In this position, you will collaborate with UX designers to design features and UX/UI systems by generating high fidelity mockups, prototypes, design systems, and style guides. You will assist the UI Technical Designers and UI Engineers to build out the designs into rapid prototypes and shippable UI to players.
In this role, you will have the ability to take wireframes and bring them to life while improving the UX with visuals. You will also implement final art in Unreal Editor using UMG, animations, materials, etc.
In this role, you will
• Execute to a high craft quality bar, work autonomously and tackle medium to complex features; contribute to the success of the Product team by designing and implementing complex UI features.
• Design and Implement medium to complex flows, screens, and components at a high-quality bar with minimal oversight.
• Contribute to the growth of the UI Artists within my Product Team through feedback and mentorship.
• Support UX/UI Leads & Directors with scoping and estimation of your work.
• Actively seek out and facilitate collaboration with partners within my Product Team; assist in leveling up the entire Product Team; work autonomously and require minimal oversight.
What we're looking for
• 2+ years of experience designing and implementing AAA game UI.
• You are skilled with Figma, Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
• A strong portfolio of work showcasing your work and insight into your process; talented Visual Designer with experience in design systems & component libraries.
• Experience with UI Art implementation, in Unreal Engine (UMG) or equivalent game engine.
• Experience with building UI materials & shaders for game engines, or equivalent 3d packages and FX tools; motion design & UI animation, preferably for games or interaction design.
• You have the ability to see features through to completion and rapidly modify design as information changes.
• You have a passion for making and playing games and have a strong sense of player empathy; a collaborative, team player with experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This role is open to multiple locations across North America, UK & Europe (including CA and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
California Base Pay Range
$102,155 - $149,827 USD
Washington Base Pay Range
$102,155 - $149,827 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz82e3-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.