The Epic Games Trust & Safety Team is looking for an operations manager who can help define and implement processes at scale, lead a diverse 24/7 staffed team that upholds policies within the Fortnite community and the other various products the EcoSec T&S team supports, and investigate abstract situations in a dynamic environment. The Operations Manager should be comfortable with difficult content that agents are moderating, including hateful content, violent content, CSAM, etc. In addition to comfort level with the content, the Operations Manager should have care and sensitivity when communicating these types of situations to various parties.
The Operations Manager should be able to motivate and lead a team of agents while also performing (in partnership with our data scientists) the analysis work needed to assist agents in their day-to-day work or make other various long term operational calls. A successful Operations Manager will not only drive daily operations but also build and improve operational process and efficiency. Good judgement and the ability to quickly make decisions in highly ambiguous situations are critical to success. We need an Operations Manager with a flexible approach to problem solving and who strives to adapt business and operational processes to best serve our customers in various rapidly evolving online services and environments.
• Provide management, oversight, and direction to remote agents on a 24/7 staffed team
• Stay up-to-date on and work within established business guidelines with vendor Managed Services provider
• Work with key stakeholders to craft policies that can be operationalized while ensuring customer safety and encouraging service growth
• Manage a notification and change process as new policies and processes are implemented
• Coordinate with partner teams to continuously improve operational processes via tooling, telemetry, and communications
• Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements to identify gaps and opportunities for efficiency gains
• On-call for 24x7 imminent threat escalations
Qualified Candidates should have strong written and verbal skills, ideally being able to communicate complex concepts to varied audiences, including implementation details to agents and impact assessments to leadership, PR and Legal teams. Be able to adapt quickly to rapidly evolving and highly ambiguous situations, while maintaining good judgement, professional composure, and the ability to triage or prioritize operational decisions for highest impact with limited information. Qualified candidates will be comfortable with business analysis and working with highly fluid deliverables. Ultimately, we need a candidate who is an effective processes manager, and also an effective people person. A candidate who can exceed at both will excel in this role.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
• Experience managing a 24/7 operation
• Experience crafting & implementing processes
• Business Analysis skills
• Basic Knowledge of Tableau reports and usage (or other data visualization tools)
• Basic Knowledge of Jira (or other bug tracking software)
• Basic Program Management Skills including handling multiple projects and creating and improving team processes, tools, and efficiencies
• Experience drafting SOWs for new projects and contracts
• Experience with start-up scaling and maturing existing operations
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw71yy-18-232-179-37-42 in your application.