ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Tools Programmer to work on the development of the Unreal Engine editor, who enjoys working on the frameworks and workflows that make Unreal Editor great for all users, from designers to engineers. From editor systems like asset editors, tab manager, gizmos, to managing syncing selection state across the editor, we have a wide problem space for you to jump into and make an impact for millions of users. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement editor systems that will be integral to the development of the Unreal Engine editor. You should be comfortable working cross discipline, from artists and content creators to engineers to identify and improve their day-to-day workflows. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving the efficiency of a game development pipeline.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement systems for the Unreal Engine editor
• Work with stakeholders in all disciplines (i.e. engineers, artists, and designers) to identify areas for improvements, gather feedback, and design solutions for customers' needs
• Analyze and fix problems in core editor systems
• Support external customers by answering their technical requests and questions
• Work collaboratively across many of Epics' internal teams to improve the user experience and workflows within Unreal Editor.
• Fix bugs and improve the Unreal Engine code base
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience developing in a large codebase
• Experience writing tools that improve the customer's user experience, iteration, and development time in game development or other fields
• A passion for improving the customer experience in software products, holistically and beyond code. Some examples of your passion may be - participating in UX design, developing automated tests, or adding profiling and analytics to monitor user behaviors
• Well versed in software engineering and design principles
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This role is open to multiple locations (including WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren't limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic's generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Washington Base Pay Range
$157,355 - $230,788 USD
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bkky-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.