Engineering at Epic
What we do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We're always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you'll do
As a part of the Fortnite Editor team, you'll adapt and expand Unreal Editor functionality to solve issues and add functionality in support of a new toolset aimed at bringing the power of the Unreal Engine and Editor to our community of Fortnite creators.
In this role, you will
• Design and implement tools and engine features for Unreal Engine and Fortnite.
• Improve the game development pipeline and add exciting new features to the engine.
• Design and implement user interfaces for tools and pipelines in the Editor.
• Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance problems.
• Support and improve game development for Fortnite working the game team and creative groups to solve unique issues.
• Track down and fix issues in systems and tools.
What we're looking for
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
• Well versed in software engineering principles and developing a large codebase
• Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE UI system)
• Familiarity with an existing game engine and understanding of editor concepts
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1o13-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.