ENGINEERING - ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a generalist Tools Programmer passionate about working on a world-class AAA game engine partnering not only with the traditional games industry but also the aviation, automotive, architecture, film/vfx/broadcast TV industries and more. In this position, you will be able to design and implement robust frameworks, tools and features in the engine to fulfill the needs of our customers. If you're an experienced engineer looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute to our engine and feature development in order to expand beyond the games industry, we want to talk to you.
In This Role You Will
• Participate in the definition and planning of future work
• Design and implement frameworks, tools and features in the engine and its editor
• Continuously make improvements to existing frameworks, tools and features
• Analyze and fix problems reported by customers and other internal teams
• Collaborate with other function teams, QA, Tech Specialists, to always deliver the best product to our customers
• Support external customers by answering their requests and questions
What We're Looking For
• Excellent C++ skills
• Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
• Well versed in software engineering principles
• Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
• Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
• Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
• Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
• Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
• Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is open in multiple locations across North America including:
Los Angeles, CA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7kmq9-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.